UPSTREAM SECTOR, EXPLORATION PROMOTION
HDIP has contributed significantly to enhance the prospects of unexplored and frontier areas of the country. The emphasis of its focus has been to generate new data through applied research. In this connection, it has undertaken a number of studies and created facilities, which included:
- Establishment of well equipped labs in the field of petroleum geology and geochemistry catering to the requirement of petroleum industry and providing services to oil and gas companies operating in Pakistan
- Reappraisal of petroleum potential of sedimentary basins of Pakistan with emphasis on frontier sedimentary regions
- Development of expertise in source rock evaluation, reservoir characterization and biostratigraphical research
- Promotion of petroleum exploration through advisory and technical services to the oil and gas exploration companies in Pakistan.
- Produced 15 regional and major project reports, highlighting the prospectivity of following areas:
- Petroleum Geology of Kirthar Sub-basin.
- Petroleum Geology of Sulaiman Sub-basin.
- Petroleum Geology of Potwar Sub-basin.
- Petroleum Geology of Baluchistan basin.
- Petroleum Geology of Offshore Pakistan.
- Well data book.
- Source rock evaluation, assessment in Potwar-Kohat, Sulaiman and kirthar Sub-basin
- A number of research papers published in national and international journals.